1. This foundational, comprehensive Meditation Course offers detailed instructions regarding the theory and practice of Samatha meditation. Samatha is a Pali word which translates into English as tranquility, serenity or calm abiding. Learning to concentrate the mind so that it is no longer fragmented or scattered results in a quiet, one-pointed mind, capable of developing tremendous strength, referred to in this Course as Mindpower. Emotional and intellectual I.Q. is greatly enhanced and students can expect to make wiser decisions in their personal and professional lives. It’s an opportunity to learn to respond to events instead of reacting to uncomfortable situations . Spontaneous, quick reactions regarding the opinions of others who may denigrate us usually result in misunderstandings and conflict. With a clear mind, gained through meditation practice, one can pause before reacting and respond in a more constructive, compassionate manner.
2. In the Willpower Meditation Course, step by step, basic instructions are provided to help students develop the necessary equanimity to attain a balanced mind. The student will learn the following:
- Meditation positions- walking, standing, sitting, reclining
- Ideal environment for meditation
- Importance of determination
- How to achieve concentration and mindfulness
- Emotional states and what to do about them
- Factors that can impede or delay progress in meditation
- Natural meditative mind
- Manifested meditative mind
- Progressing to Contemplation
- Achieving wisdom
Students will learn all of the above topics plus much more as Students and Instructors begin this meditation journey together.